Some of you may have seen this video, since it has been around for several years:
(For those you feel so compelled to up-vote this video, sorry I don’t have such a button on my blog, but you are welcome to go to YouTube and search for “Short Comedy Sketch” and express your sympathy there. :))
It’s just a re-interpretation of what the business people are saying.
- When they say 7 lines perpendicular to each other, they probably mean some lines are perpendicular to others;
- When they say draw red lines with transparent ink, they probably mean red line with some transparency;
- When they say draw red lines with green ink, they probably mean green ink overlaying red lines;
I proudly showed this to some friends and was called (not surprisingly) a smart ass. But that didn’t stop me from showing this in lectures and explaining to the audience how you can manage conflicting requirements – make sense out of it.
But then, today, I just found a even better solution to this seemingly impossible requirement:
[YouTube link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNWt0VuMbHA]
This solution is way better than mine in 2 aspects:
- It actually draws red lines with blue ink;
- All 7 lines are perpendicular to each other;
It is still not perfect, but it makes me think, maybe there are even better solutions? Smart asses out there, wanna try it out?